Murray Lincoln's Desk - # 2 Now See - http://murraylincoln.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Mouse House

Honouring the mouse seems logical. He worked hard all winter to survive. As I cleaned away the flower bed I cut the Tall Decorative Grass form its base of roots. There inside was a nest that the mouse had lived in for the past months. Clever little fellow for sure.

There were some obstacles however. Big ones in fact were faced by the little guy through the winter. The Tall Grass was matted over with the weight of the heavy snow bank that formed above it. It fact it was at the edge of the driveway where the snow was shoveled to over six feet deep. This was the last snow bank to go and was actually like a huge chunk of ice when it melted. But the small house was fully in tact when I removed it from the mass of material around it.

The mouse was gone…but had managed to make it through one more year in our garden. A simple story I know – but there seems to be a lesson here for me.

Obstacles – no matter how big they are or how miserable they are will not stop a mouse. In fact he thrives on it. He can make his way through just about any impossibility and still survive.

I need a little of what the mouse has. When buried under tons of problems, the ice cold stuff of poor relationships, the impossibility that may crush me – I need a little of that “I can get through this if I keep at it.”

Maybe I am the only one that faces “stuff”.

One great part of the discovery of the mouse’s house was…he was gone. He had moved on and didn’t need the Tall Grass House any longer. There were trails from the grass house into the neighbour’s yard. He moved on over the winter under the snow actually moving back and forth from yard to yard. In all probability he also raised his family there with a Mrs. Mouse.

Where did Mr. Mouse get his drive from? Where did he collect that “stick with it” attitude? How did he figure out how to make a house and keep on going?

As I ponder these thoughts the resulting thought is one special place. I really believe that the Creator has given him that ability and help him through it all. I know that he has given that to me as well. We will make it through…even though it seems very difficult to do so at times.

Today I am thinking of a small grass house below tons of snow…that survived it all…and a little mouse that is enjoying a nieghbour’s yard now.

“Stuff” isn’t that hard to deal with now. I have to run…there is some “stuff” to deal with today and trails to make.

~ Pastor Murray Lincoln ~

Reference in the Bible -
1 Peter 5:6&7
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home