Murray Lincoln's Desk - # 2 Now See - http://murraylincoln.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 06, 2007

It's just that my dream didn't come true... YET!

Written By Bruce Lindsay

Over the past few months I have been working with accountants, banks and lawyers with regards to purchasing a business. During this time I have also been helping coach Clifford's baseball team. As bad a team as you will ever find with about 6 kids who couldn't catch a ball or stop one from rolling under their glove if their arms were 6 feet long.

The losing didn't bother me though. But it was getting frustrating to my son, Clifford, who is one of the best players on the team, especially on defence. His only problem is inconsistent hitting. Lately he's been in a hitting slump, which wouldn't matter except that now we're playing playoff games and we need everyone to do their best.

He spent some time with Tim, a coach for the Peterborough Tigers team, talking about hitting and what he was doing wrong. He also spent some extra time practicing his swing with his new bat and felt good about Thursday's game.

That night I had a dream that Clifford got 4 hits in 4 at bats in a game. I told my daughter Emma about my dream, but I didn't tell Clifford just in case he felt I was putting pressure on him.

The next day, I found out from the bank that based on the financial records of the business, my loan was not going to be approved. That night, Clifford struck out 4 times. We lost a playoff game 11-9. Clifford knew that one or 2 hits would have been the difference. We were both disappointed.

Emma found out about Clifford's bad game, and as I put her to bed, she said "I guess your dream didn't come true."

I said, "No, don't think like that. It's just that my dream didn't come true...YET!" I told her about the business we were hoping for and how that door is closing. I told her that's my other dream. But I'm not sad about it. "It's just that my dream didn't come true... YET!" We both smiled and I kissed her goodnight. We both were reminded of an important lesson.

Don't give up on your dreams. Instead keep working towards them. Take time with 'The Coach' and ask him for help and practice your swing. Remember He has a plan for you. A plan to prosper you and not to harm you. God doesn't want you to be a loser. He has placed you where you are to reveal His glory. We'll see over the next couple weeks what happens with the team and Clifford in particular. We'll see over the next couple of years what happens with my family and the purchase of a business. In the mean time, I will rejoice in the Lord!


Johnny Damon


Trott Nixon

1 Comments:

  • Good Blog, Bruce--Thanks. Win & I just had a conversation re What is our Purpose Now--Done the career thing, raised our children & they're successfully on their own--what is Our Purpose Now ???

    You reminded us God has a Plan--He knows what the next step is--we just have to stay open & let Him shine through. Also, What is Our Dream--that hasn't happened Yet ??
    Keep Dreaming, no matter what our age.
    Thanks Bruce--you helped.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home