Murray Lincoln's Desk - # 2 Now See - http://murraylincoln.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Trash

In a recent dialogue with a friend of mine we were discussing “Sin” and how God deals with it. What does God remember and not remember about our Sin? We know that he forgives us – but does He forget?

Interesting thoughts for sure…

First off I do not believe that we need to run scared from a Loving God. That is where the Grace factor needs to be nailed on our heart’s door and remembered often. God loves us. He doesn’t love our Sin though and will do all that he can to save us from that Sin. In fact he let his Son Jesus die for that Sin that we held so close to our hearts and were so deeply involved in over time.

As I pondered this thought I was taking out the garbage today. In our area we take out the Blue Box with a certain kind of waste in it… one of which is the Old Newspapers. In the other large green bags that we use I place the refuse from the kitchen – all the food stuff.

As I stared at what I had just dragged to the curbside I realized that I would never see it again. It is garbage. I do not need it any more. The newspaper that I read yesterday is gone. The cross word puzzle that I did in the paper is now history. The phone number that I wrote in the column of page three when someone called me – is gone.

In fact if I go back to last year, the fifteenth week and the second day of that week… the headlines of that Newspaper are gone… I don’t remember what the article was all about. I can’t recall what was said and was happening that day.

On the thirtieth day of 1967 at 5:15 PM, in that really bad snow storm, when I tried to cook my meal that night, it failed terribly. Instead of trying to eat what I cooked – I threw it out in the garbage.

My point is…. My Sin and Your SIN is the same as what we have thrown out. The garbage man came and took it all away. I have no idea where it is today. God promised me he would take care of it all. He did it when he allowed his only son to die on that cross.

Wow! It feels like Easter all over again today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home